Do you know many people use charcoal in their beauty products? Well activated charcoal to be exact, not the kind from your BBQ. You too can add this inexpensive product to your beauty regime to make yourself more healthy and beautiful. There are many uses for this product that has become quite popular over the years. Add these five activated charcoal beauty hacks. Get activated charcoal here.
- Teeth whitening-Activated charcoal helps whiten teeth and promote good oral health by changing the pH balance in your mouth, it helps prevent bad breath, cavities, and also gum disease.
It works by adsorbing the plaque and tiny bits that can stain your teeth. This is a natural solution for a bright smile. I usually wet my toothbrush and open a capsule, sprinkle half the powdered activated charcoal onto my toothbrush. Brush teeth as normal for between 3-5 minutes. Then swish water in my mouth thoroughly. Rinse well, until spit is clear. This will take quite a few times to get all the black off. For best results, use 2-3 times per week. You will notice a whiter smile the first time. But if your teeth become sensitive, stop or reduce use. And be aware it is possible for it to stain crowns, caps or porcelain veneers.
- 2. Facial masks-Activated charcoal removes toxins, therefore it will improve your skin’s health and it can help reduce the appearance of acne and other skin impurities. To use it on your skin, mix a half of a capsule of the powder into a teaspoon of aloe vera gel, Mix these together until you have an even consistency. Apply to your skin, let it dry, and then rinse off completely. Sometimes I add bentonite clay ( to remove toxins also and tighten the skin), a couple drops of lavender oil (to help soothe) and tea tree oil ( to help cleanse and heal) to my recipe for added benefits. Your skin will feel amazing.
- Face soaps– There are also many soaps made with activated charcoal. The activated charcoal binds with environmental toxins and dirt that contribute to acne. Using both a soap and facial masks will help with acne but can also cause a drying affect. Be sure to moisturize well afterwards. Here’s a recipe I use to make my daughter’s soap: I use a natural honey soap block I found at my local Michael’s. The soap comes in a big 5 lb block so you’ll have to cut pieces off but it’s soft to cut through. I fill to 1 cup mark on glass measuring cup, then melt in microwave. Since I cut them in little squares to make it easier to melt this is not a full cup of soap. Then I add 4 capsules of the charcoal and stir well. Then I add 10-15 drops tea tree oil, 5 drops lavender. Mix well. Finally, just pour into your favorite soap mold and wait until it hardens. This soap smells like medicine, like the tea tree oil. It’s pretty noticeable but the honey and the lavender help. This recipe makes 4 medium-sized bars.
- Detoxification– Activated charcoal is used in emergency rooms across the world to treat poisoning for a very long time. It allows the chemicals and toxins to be flushed out so the body doesn’t absorb them. The millions of nooks and crannies, that are created through the heating process, trap the toxins in the activated charcoal.
It also helps with hangovers while it does not absorb alcohol, it does help quickly remove other toxins from the body that contribute to the hangover. We rarely consume alcohol in its pure form; mixers that include artificial sweeteners and chemicals are common. The charcoal removes these toxins.
- Anti-Aging-Activated charcoal can help prevent cellular damage to kidneys and liver, as well as supporting healthy adrenal glands. Many people use cleansing products for the body. That’s because it’s important to cleanse toxins and chemicals routinely from our bodies. Activated charcoal benefits major organs by helping the body flush out the toxins and chemicals that cause the damage.
Aging is a natural part of life because we are exposed to so many toxins through our food and our environment. We must find a way to rid our bodies of them to prevent pre-mature aging.
Take two activated charcoal capsules per day to help support better mental function, a decrease in brain fogginess, better function of our liver and kidneys, and a healthier digestive tract. Add these five activated charcoal beauty hacks to you routine and here’s to a healthier you!
Here’s another way to beautifying yourself, this is for body, mind and soul.